The global games market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2017 to 2022, according to the latest report by Newzoo.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the current state and future prospects of the global games market.
It offers insights into key trends and drivers that are shaping the industry, as well as revenue forecasts for major gaming genres and platforms. Here are some of the highlights from the report:
1. Console gaming continues to dominate the global games market, with a projected revenue of $32 billion in 2022.
2. Mobile gaming is the fastest-growing segment, with a forecasted CAGR of 11%, and will account for more than one-third of total game revenues by 2022.
3. Asia Pacific remains the largest regional market, representing almost half of global games revenues in 2017 and growing to 51% by 2022.
4. Newzoo anticipates that eSports will become an increasingly important part of the global games industry, reaching $696 million in revenues by 2020 – up from $493 million in 2018.
5. Digital downloads are estimated to be over 78% of all games sales worldwide, while free-to-play games make up the largest portion of digital games.
These insights and more are available in Newzoo’s Global Games Market Report 2022, providing an invaluable resource for gaming companies to better understand their market and plan for future growth.
The report is an essential guide for any industry professional interested in staying ahead of the curve.